BOYS SPRING 2017 INFORMATION
We plan on running the following teams:
2/3 (1 or 2 teams)
“Blue” designates teams that played winter travel season together and “Green” designates teams that played West LA winter league together. New players will generally start on Green and then get assessed and re-placed if necessary. There are NO tryouts for spring season. It is not unusual for players to start on Green and then get offered additional opportunities to practice and play with Blue teams later in the season.
Below is the practice schedule. We may make an adjustment or 2 as we start the season if necessary. The emphasis with the schedule is on main sure we have the right coaches available at the right time for the teams, and we are trying to get in as much time on the field as possible while still getting kids to bed as early as possible.
- 2/3 - Saturday 3pm to 4:30pm. We are still waiting to hear back from the City about additional space midweek 5-6pm so we can add a second practice. We hope to have an update in the next 7-10 days. First practice is 3/4.
- 4/5 Green - Saturday 3pm to 4:30pm. We are still waiting to hear back from the City about additional space midweek 5-6pm so we can add a second practice. We hope to have an update in the next 7-10 days. First practice is 3/4.
- 4/5 Blue - Wednesday and Friday 6:30pm to 8pm. First practice is 3/1.
- 6 Blue - Wednesday and Friday 6:30pm to 8pm. First practice is 3/1.
- 6/7 Green - Friday 6:30pm to 8pm and Saturday 4:30pm to 6pm. First practice is 3/3.
- 7 Blue - Wednesday 6:30pm to 8pm and Friday 7:30pm to 9pm. First practice is 3/1.
- 8 Green - Friday 7:30pm to 9pm and Saturday 4:30pm to 6pm. First practice is 3/3.
- 8 Blue - Wednesday and Friday 7:30pm to 9pm. First practice is 3/1.
We are playing in the LA Youth Lacrosse League (LAYLL). Games are every Sunday starting March 5 and ending May 21. No games on Easter Sunday. A game schedule has not yet been posted, but as a general rule, younger teams play earlier and older teams play later. Games will be played mostly at SamoHi, Campus El Segundo and Culver City HS.
Week 1: Sunday, March 5th
Week 2: Sunday, March 12th (Daylight Savings)
Week 3: Sunday, March 19th
Week 4: Sunday, March 26th
Week 5: Sunday, April 2nd
Week 6: Sunday, April 9th
NO GAMES (Easter): Sunday, April 16th
Week 7: Sunday, April 23rd
Week 8: Sunday, April 30th
Week 9: Sunday, May 7th (Playoffs)
Week 10: Sunday, May 14th (Playoffs)
Week 11: Sunday, May 21st (Championship)
As you know, coaches play a very, very big part in a player’s growth and development. This spring season we are very proud to be able to announce that we will have 2 professional coaches with each team. In addition we are starting a Big Brother program for our 2/3 and 4/5 Green teams. This program consists of a pool of 3-5 coaches at each practice, as well as 2-4 8th graders. Many of our 8th graders play at a very, very high level and have an amazingly deep understanding of the game. And they are enthusiastic to share their knowledge. The Big Brother program will give the younger and newer players more individual attention, and it will teach our older players how to give back to the next generation of Dragons.
Here are the coaches working with each team:
- 2/3 and 4/5 Big Brother Program - Connor Buss, Andrew Buss, Wade Weinbrenner, Dayton Gilbreath, David Manning
- 4/5 Blue - James Burton & Kevin Hinton
- 6 Blue - Mike Kutzer & Wade Weinbrenner
- 6/7 Green - Andrew Layne & JT Ervin
- 7 Blue - Riley Lasda & Connor Buss
- 8 Green - Dayton Gilbreath & Tyler Landis
- 8 Blue - Erik Krum & Andrew Buss
To read bios on our coaches, please visit our WEBSITE. Not all the coaches bios have been posted yet.
Many families are still in the process of registering for spring. We need all registrations finalized by end of day Sunday, February 26 so we can start making rosters and report our teams to the league.
Click HERE for 2nd & 3rd Grade Registration
Click HERE for 4th to 8th Grade Registration
Blue teams will play in their travel uniforms. Green teams will play in their local uniforms. If you need to purchase a local uniform, please click HERE. Please be aware that uniforms are bulk orders and we cannot place our order until everyone has placed their order with us. It takes about 3 weeks to get the uniforms (and we are already behind), so the ordering deadline is Wednesday, March 1.
We’ve been running a free loaner gear program since the Fall and will continue to do so this Spring. If you need to borrow gear, please contact
. We will ask for a $100 deposit check that we return when you no longer need the gear.